BSP ignoring farmers: Ajit Singh
Hathras (UP): Accusing the ruling BSP of
ignoring the interest of farmers, Rastriya Lok Dal (RLD)
supremo Ajit Singh has said that they have not been given due
price of their produce while crores of rupees were spent on
constructing parks and memorials across Uttar Pradesh.
"Poor labourers and farmers were committing suicide and
living in pitiable condition. The farmers are not given due
price of their produce, while Chief Minister is depositing Rs
24 crore as income tax. This shows her attitude towards the
common man," Singh said here yesterday.
Demanding that the state government fix cane rate at Rs
270 per quintal before the Assembly elections, Singh said that
the government should also ensure payment of dues to the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch