BSP land deals caused Rs 40,000 crore loss: BJP
Lucknow: Accusing Uttar Pradesh`s Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) government of causing a loss of whopping Rs 40,000 crore by "scandalous land allotments" in Noida during last one year, the Baharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Saturday demanded a court-monitored probe into the matter.
"It`s surprising and shocking that the Mayawati government handed over the lands with a total market price of Rs 60,000 crore to some hand-picked builders for just Rs 19,490 crore. All such scandalous allotments were made in 2010-2011 at the behest of the Chief Minister," BJP national secretary Kirit Somaiya told reporters at a press conference here.
"We have decided to meet President Pratibha Patil July 13 to seek a thorough probe into the allotments. We want the central government to intervene in the matter, and an SIT (special investigation team) inquiry be ordered at the earliest. We also demand that the SIT inquiry should proceed under the monitoring of the court," he added.
The BJP alleged that the land acquired by the state government for public purposes was handed over to select builders.
"We have learnt that the chief minister herself showed great haste in clearing the deals and land measuring 17 lakh sq metres, worth around Rs.3,360 crore, was cleared on a single day (March 28, 2011).
"Some of the companies that were handed over the most lucrative properties of Noida include Logix Group, Vistar Group and Ponty Chaddha`s Wave Infratech. Not only this, records collected by us also reveal that the investment seems to have come from tax havens like Mauritius," he alleged.
The BJP demanded that the state government reveal the main beneficiaries of the allotments.
"If the state government does not come up with the names within two months, we will reveal those names," said Somaiya.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Heatwave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1400
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- First look: Aamir Khan joins Shah Rukh to promote Salman's ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’