BSP leader beaten up in police station
Amethi (Uttar Pradesh): A case has been lodged against ten people for allegedly assaulting a local BSP leader inside police station premises in the Munshigang area in the district, police said.
Jai Prakash Tewari, block head of Bhetua tehsil and a BSP leader, was beaten up by the accused when he reached the police station in connection with a property dispute Saturday afternoon, ASP Munna Lal said.
Later on his complaint, a case has been registered in this regard, Lal said, adding that the further probes are on.
Meanwhile, Tewari alleged that the police officials remained a "mute spectator" while the accused were beating him up in the police station and the FIR was lodged only after the BSP workers mounted pressure on them to do so.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living