BSP leader held for breaking UP CM`s security cordon
Lucknow: Three women, including a BSP leader,
who levelled some allegations against two ministers and staged
a demonstration in front of Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati`s
cavalcade during her surprise visit in Aligarh, have been
arrested, a senior police official said here on Sunday.
"Creating hurdle during CM`s visit is not justified and
breaking security cordon scuffle with security staff amounts
to creating disturbance in execution of government
responsibility," Special Director General of Police Brij Lal
told reporters here.
He said the three women - Suman Sagar, Sunita and
Chandrawati were arrested on a complaint filed by a woman
During a protest, while Suman alleged that she lost
panchayat elections due to a cabinet minister, Sunita had
alleged a minister`s hand behind the death of her father, who
was an engineer tubewell department.
"Suman, who contested block head elections on BSP ticket
and lost, had alleged that minister Thakur Jaiveer Singh
engineered her defeat," Brij Lal said.
He, however, said that creating disturbance during the
CM`s programme falls in the category of crime.
"Suman`s allegation that her husband Devendra Sagar was
kidnpped is baseless and he was arrested a day before the CM`s
visit as a precautionary measure," he said.
He said that similarly Chandrawati whose husband`s
abduction was being alleged was actually arrested by police.
The third woman Sunita had alleged of her father
Rajendra Kumar, who was a junior engineer in tubewell
department, was murdered at the behest of minister of state
"Kumar was found dead at his rented place in Shikohabad
on August 8 and his post mortem was conducted which was
"The viscera was sent to FSL and report is yet to be
received," Brij Lal said.
He said that on September 9, Kumar`s son Akhilesh Kumar
alleging that his father was killed, had lodged an FIR at
Sikhohabad police station.
"In that FIR Akhilesh did not level allegation against a
specific person, he said.
"If any written complaint is given by the JE`s family
then it will be included in the investigation," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31