BSP leader Iliyas Azmi expelled from party
Lucknow: Former MP and BSP leader Iliyas Azmi has been expelled from the party for his alleged involvement in anti-party activities, party activists said on Thursday.
Azmi, who contested last Lok Sabha elections on BSP ticket from Lakhimpur, was expelled from BSP as he indulged in anti-party activities, a party spokesman said, adding the BSP also took the decision after the former MP was defeated in the elections.
The party took the step after reports came that Azmi had announced to quit BSP in Lakhimpur yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan