BSP leader resigns from party
Lucknow: Senior BSP leader Siraj Mehdi on Saturday tendered his resignation from the primary membership of the party, alleging that it is not concerned with the affairs of the minorities.
In his resignation letter sent to party president
Mayawati, Mehdi said the aim and programmes for which he had
joined the BSP "have proved to be mere facade".
Mehdi, who was a vice president of the UPCC and
a member of the AICC before joining the BSP, said the party
had failed to live up to its promise of setting up a committee
for the redressal of problems concerning the minorities.
"I was impressed with the party`s slogan of `Sarvjan
Hitai (welfare of all) but have found that there is a
difference between what the BSP says and what it actually
does," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand