BSP leader shot dead in Gorakhpur
Gorakhpur: A local BSP leader was shot dead by unidentified motorcycle-borne men in a busy area in this town in Uttar Pradesh, police said on today.
"Two masked men came on a motorcycle last evening and shot Badrul in the head killing him on the spot," they said.
Badrul Hasan, BSP`s sector president of old Gorakhnath area and Sirajuudin alias Bhola, party`s Gorakhnath sector in-charge were returning from a meeting held in the party office, they said.
Badrul (34) and Bhola were on a bike and going to Gorakhnath temple when the incident occurred in Kotwali area.
Bhola fell from the bike and received serious injuries. He was admitted to a hospital in a serious condition, they said.
According to DIG Mukesh Shukla, the motive of the murder is unknown.
The police have arrested one person in the case and investigation is on, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Roger Federer cleans court by removing bottles, towels left by other players