BSP leader shot dead in Gorakhpur
Gorakhpur: A local BSP leader was shot dead by unidentified motorcycle-borne men in a busy area in this town in Uttar Pradesh, police said on today.
"Two masked men came on a motorcycle last evening and shot Badrul in the head killing him on the spot," they said.
Badrul Hasan, BSP`s sector president of old Gorakhnath area and Sirajuudin alias Bhola, party`s Gorakhnath sector in-charge were returning from a meeting held in the party office, they said.
Badrul (34) and Bhola were on a bike and going to Gorakhnath temple when the incident occurred in Kotwali area.
Bhola fell from the bike and received serious injuries. He was admitted to a hospital in a serious condition, they said.
According to DIG Mukesh Shukla, the motive of the murder is unknown.
The police have arrested one person in the case and investigation is on, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Duleep Trophy: India Green v India Red - Yuvraj Singh flops; Sandeep Sharma bags 4
- Easy money is spoiling cricketers: Glenn McGrath
- Mouth-watering! World's 'longest' Vada Pao made in Gurgaon
- Hollande voices `concern` to Putin over Ukraine tension: Presidency
- Merger with Samajwadi Party difficult, can forge alliance: Mukhtar Ansari