BSP leader shot dead in Gorakhpur
Gorakhpur: A local BSP leader was shot dead by unidentified motorcycle-borne men in a busy area in this town in Uttar Pradesh, police said on today.
"Two masked men came on a motorcycle last evening and shot Badrul in the head killing him on the spot," they said.
Badrul Hasan, BSP`s sector president of old Gorakhnath area and Sirajuudin alias Bhola, party`s Gorakhnath sector in-charge were returning from a meeting held in the party office, they said.
Badrul (34) and Bhola were on a bike and going to Gorakhnath temple when the incident occurred in Kotwali area.
Bhola fell from the bike and received serious injuries. He was admitted to a hospital in a serious condition, they said.
According to DIG Mukesh Shukla, the motive of the murder is unknown.
The police have arrested one person in the case and investigation is on, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'