BSP leader shot dead in Gorakhpur
Gorakhpur: A local BSP leader was shot dead by unidentified motorcycle-borne men in a busy area in this town in Uttar Pradesh, police said on today.
"Two masked men came on a motorcycle last evening and shot Badrul in the head killing him on the spot," they said.
Badrul Hasan, BSP`s sector president of old Gorakhnath area and Sirajuudin alias Bhola, party`s Gorakhnath sector in-charge were returning from a meeting held in the party office, they said.
Badrul (34) and Bhola were on a bike and going to Gorakhnath temple when the incident occurred in Kotwali area.
Bhola fell from the bike and received serious injuries. He was admitted to a hospital in a serious condition, they said.
According to DIG Mukesh Shukla, the motive of the murder is unknown.
The police have arrested one person in the case and investigation is on, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued