BSP leader shot dead in Gorakhpur
Gorakhpur (UP): A local BSP leader was
shot dead by unidentified motorcycle-borne men in a busy
area in this town in Uttar Pradesh, police said on Sunday.
"Two masked men came on a motorcycle last evening and
shot Badrul in the head killing him on the spot," they said.
Badrul Hasan, BSP`s sector president of old Gorakhnath
area and Sirajuudin alias Bhola, party’s Gorakhnath sector
in-charge were returning from a meeting held in the party
office, they said.
Badrul (34) and Bhola were on a bike and going to
Gorakhnath temple when the incident occurred in Kotwali area.
Bhola fell from the bike and received serious
injuries. He was admitted to a hospital in a serious
condition, they said.
According to DIG Mukesh Shukla, the motive of the
murder is unknown.
The police have arrested one person in the case and
investigation is on, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur