BSP leader shot dead in Gorakhpur
Gorakhpur (UP): A local BSP leader was
shot dead by unidentified motorcycle-borne men in a busy
area in this town in Uttar Pradesh, police said on Sunday.
"Two masked men came on a motorcycle last evening and
shot Badrul in the head killing him on the spot," they said.
Badrul Hasan, BSP`s sector president of old Gorakhnath
area and Sirajuudin alias Bhola, party’s Gorakhnath sector
in-charge were returning from a meeting held in the party
office, they said.
Badrul (34) and Bhola were on a bike and going to
Gorakhnath temple when the incident occurred in Kotwali area.
Bhola fell from the bike and received serious
injuries. He was admitted to a hospital in a serious
condition, they said.
According to DIG Mukesh Shukla, the motive of the
murder is unknown.
The police have arrested one person in the case and
investigation is on, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened