BSP leader shot dead in Meerut
Hasanpur (UP): A local BSP leader was shot
by unidentified persons and died in a Meerut hospital on Thursday,
Nem Pal (32), general secretary of BSP`s divisional
`bhaichara` committee, was last night called by some persons
to a place near the police station on the pretext of solving a
dispute, SP (JP Nagar) Uday Prasad said.
As Pal was walking towards the place he was called to, he
was shot by unidentified assailants who fled from the spot
after firing at him, he said.
Pal was rushed to the local hospital from where he was
referred to Meerut Medical College, where he died today, the
As news of the leader`s death spread, a mob of locals,
demanding immediate arrest of the culprits responsible for the
killing, attacked the police station and damaged the furniture
there, Prasad said.
Heavy police force has been deployed in the area and the
situation was brought under control, he said, adding that a
case of murder has been registered against unknown persons and
investigation is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Hot alert! Katrina Kaif oozes sex appeal on the cover of Vogue India – See Pic
- Red hot! This TV actress looks unapologetically sexy in bikini – See pics
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster
- Tamil Nadu: Two children electrocuted, 40 injured as live wire falls on school bus, probe ordered
- Salman Khan – Sanjay Dutt friendship turns sour?