BSP leader shot dead in Moradabad
Moradabad: A leader of Uttar Pradesh`s ruling Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) was shot dead by unidentified assailants near his house here, police said Thursday.
Rajesh Saini, 45, a corporator and member of the BSP`s district committee, was shot several times and critically injured late Wednesday while he was returning to his home in Kathgar town.
"Saini succumbed to his injuries early Thursday while being taken to a hospital in Noida, where he was referred to by the doctors here," police Inspector V.P. Singh told reporters in Moradabad, some 250 km from Lucknow.
Police are yet to ascertain the identity of the assailants.
"Even as the exact cause of the murder is yet to be established, we believe the killing is a fallout of some political rivalry. As of now, I can only say that a man has been detained, and he could provide us vital clues," Singh added.
Meanwhile, a large number of BSP activists held demonstrations here to demand the arrest of the shooters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi