BSP leader’s diktat: Don`t give mobiles to girls
Muzaffarnagar: Stirring a controversy, Bahujan Samaj Party MP Rajpal Saini on Sunday night said that girls should not be given mobile phones.
In a Taliban-type diktat, Saini told his party workers: "Don`t give mobile phones to children, especially girls. I say this at all the places where I make my speeches. And if any of these kids have a mobile, take them away. What are they missing anyway? What are the girls missing without mobile”.
"Our mothers, sisters....Did they die if there were no mobiles during their time," the Rajya Sabha MP said.
Saini also reportedly conveyed this view to a man who sought his help after his daughter had eloped.
The BSP leader told him that the mobile phone was the main cause behind his daughter`s elopement.
The BSP leader`s comments come months after a panchayat in Baghpat had banned love marriages and barred women below 40 from going out for shopping and using mobile phones outside their homes.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman