BSP MLA booked for threatening businessman
Lucknow: A BSP MLA has been booked for allegedly threatening a businessman and trying to seize his property, police said on Monday.
An FIR has been registered yesterday against Jitendra Singh Babloo on court orders at Hazratganj police station.
The businessman Mahesh Kumar Srivastava, alleged that Babloo alongwith his associates barged into his office on May 8 and threatened Srivastava to give away the place to the BSP sleader or face dire consequences.
Srivastava said he immediately reported the matter to police but his complaint was not registered under pressure of the BSP MLA. Later, he went to the court, which ordered
registering a case against the MLA.
Babloo, an MLA from Bikapur in Faizabad earlier came to limelight when he was named for arsoning Congress state president Rita Bahuguna Joshi in July last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city