BSP MLA declared absconder in abduction, rape case
Badaun: BSP MLA from Bilsi Yogendra
Sagar, who is an accused in abduction and rape case, was on Tuesday
declared an absconder by a local court.
Judicial magistrate (first) Rajneesh Kumar declared
Sagar, against whom a non-bailable warrant had already been
issued, as absconding, counsel of the victim Anil Sharma said.
Earlier, the Lucknow Bench of Allahabad High Court had
directed SSP Badaun to arrest the MLA and produce before the
concerned court by March 28.
Station House Officer Bilsi filed an affidavit in the
court that despite raids at four residences of Sagar and other
possible hideouts, the MLA was absconding.
Police also prayed for action against him under
Section 82 and 82 of the CrPC, Sharma said.
Under section 82 there is provision of issuing
advertisement, pasting posters of absconder and announcement
of reward by the police.
If the MLA is either not arrested or fails to
surrender, his property may be attached under Section 83 of
the CrPC, the counsel said.
The court has given one month time to complete action
under section 82 of the CrPC and fixed April 30 as the next
date of hearing.
Sharma said that as the court had already ordered
action under section 82 of the CrPC against Sagar on July 12
2010, he will move an application in the court to attach
property of the MLA under section 83 of the CrPC.
The case is of 2008 when a girl was abducted, raped
and later released here after one month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!