BSP MLA deserts party, joins rival SP
Lucknow: Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) MLA
Fareed Mahfooz Kidwai on Monday joined the Samajwadi Party in
presence of its supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav and senior leader
Mohammad Azam Khan.
"The party welcomes Kidwai, who had earlier been in
the party also but left due to some reasons. We hope the party
will strengthen with his joining", Yadav told reporters.
Kidwai is a sitting BSP MLA from Masauli Assembly
constituency in Barabanki district of Uttar Pradesh.
When asked about resigning from state Legislature
after switching the party, Kidwai said he would do that in the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why