BSP MLA Fareed Mahfooz Kidwai deserts party, joins SP
Lucknow: Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) MLA
Fareed Mahfooz Kidwai Monday joined the Samajwadi Party in
presence of its supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav and senior leader
Mohammad Azam Khan.
"The party welcomes Kidwai, who had earlier been in
the party also but left due to some reasons. We hope the party
will strengthen with his joining", Yadav told reporters.
Kidwai is a sitting BSP MLA from Masauli Assembly
constituency in Barabanki district of Uttar Pradesh.
When asked about resigning from state Legislature
after switching the party, Kidwai said he would do that in the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata