BSP MLA issuing threats to whistleblower in rape case: Cong
Lucknow: Accusing arrested BSP MLA
Purushottam Naresh Dwiwedi and his supporters of issuing
threats to the Congress legislator, who blew the lid off Banda
rape case, the party today demanded that security around him
be beefed up.
"Congress MLA Vivek Singh, who brought the Banda rape
case involving a backward community girl to light, has been
threatened by Dwiwedi. He is also receiving threats from other
persons," UPCC chief Rita Bahuguna Joshi told reporters.
A party delegation would also meet the Governor tomorrow
demanding enhanced security cover for the MLA, she said.
The Congress leader said she had already written to UP
Chief Minister Mayawati asking her to increase the MLA`s
She said a letter had also been written to Home Minister
P Chidambaram in this regard.
She also accused Uttar Pradesh government of curtailing
the protocol of central ministers.
"Union Minister of State Jitin Prasad, who was here
yesterday, was not given protocol as per his post by the state
government," she said.
Charging the state government with interpreting protocol
in an arbitrary manner, Joshi said, "Such an act is against
the democratic system and a party delegation will meet the
Governor and lodge a protest."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi