BSP MLA Santram Kushwaha`s son held over petty dispute
Jalaun (UP): The son of a BSP MLA was today arrested upon allegations arising out of a petty dispute and placed in custody in Orai jail, police said.
Manoj Kumar, son of Santram Kushwaha, BSP MLA from Madhogarh, had a dispute on February 24 with a duo identified as Ajmeri and Fareed over the picking of fruits from a tree inside his house following which a case was registered against him under various sections of the IPC.
After adding another section (307, attempt to murder) to the charges of illegal confinement and causing hurt already registered against him, police arrested Manoj today.
Meanwhile, BSP district president Moolsharan and MLA Kushwaha have alleged that police had arrested Manoj after coming under pressure from SP leaders.
Superintendent of Police Rakesh Shanker, however, denied those allegations and said that police had acted as per rules.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj