BSP MLA Yogendra Sagar suspended for indiscipline
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister and BSP chief Mayawati on Saturday suspended sitting MLA from Bilsi Yogendra Sagar from the party on charges of indiscipline.
Sagar has been suspended with immediate effect on charges of indiscipline, controversial behaviour and lack of interest in solving the problems of the people, a party release said.
It said the Chief Minister had taken a serious note of the allegations of kidnapping and rape against the MLA, following which a non-bailable warrant was issued against him.
Mayawati has decided to deal sensitively with cases of crime against women and has taken action against the culprits, the release claimed, adding that due to his controversial image Sagar has been denied ticket for the state Assembly
polls scheduled to be held early next year.
However, the party supremo might consider the option of fielding him from Shahjahanpur Lok Sabha seat if he is acquitted from the court, it said.
Sagar had been working for his personal interests and the party had received many complaints against him, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened