BSP MLA`s car mows down seven-year-old
Kanpur: A Scorpio, registered in the name of a Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) legislator, spun out of control and mowed down a seven-year-old boy in Uttar Pradesh`s Barra area here, police said Monday.
The accident took place late Sunday when Ashok Singh Chandel`s car ran over Karan Valmiki, killing him on the spot. According to eyewitnesses, the car soon fled the spot.
"We have learnt that the car belongs to Ashok Singh Chandel, who represents the Hamirpur assembly seat," police inspector Sanjay Kumar told reporters here Monday.
"We are yet to ascertain whether the MLA was driving the car at the time of the accident or whether he was present inside the vehicle when the mishap took place. We have initiated an enquiry into the matter and will take necessary legal action only after it is completed," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured