BSP MLA`s car mows down seven-year-old
Kanpur: A Scorpio, registered in the name of a Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) legislator, spun out of control and mowed down a seven-year-old boy in Uttar Pradesh`s Barra area here, police said Monday.
The accident took place late Sunday when Ashok Singh Chandel`s car ran over Karan Valmiki, killing him on the spot. According to eyewitnesses, the car soon fled the spot.
"We have learnt that the car belongs to Ashok Singh Chandel, who represents the Hamirpur assembly seat," police inspector Sanjay Kumar told reporters here Monday.
"We are yet to ascertain whether the MLA was driving the car at the time of the accident or whether he was present inside the vehicle when the mishap took place. We have initiated an enquiry into the matter and will take necessary legal action only after it is completed," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what