BSP MLA`s car mows down seven-year-old
Kanpur: A Scorpio, registered in the name of a Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) legislator, spun out of control and mowed down a seven-year-old boy in Uttar Pradesh`s Barra area here, police said Monday.
The accident took place late Sunday when Ashok Singh Chandel`s car ran over Karan Valmiki, killing him on the spot. According to eyewitnesses, the car soon fled the spot.
"We have learnt that the car belongs to Ashok Singh Chandel, who represents the Hamirpur assembly seat," police inspector Sanjay Kumar told reporters here Monday.
"We are yet to ascertain whether the MLA was driving the car at the time of the accident or whether he was present inside the vehicle when the mishap took place. We have initiated an enquiry into the matter and will take necessary legal action only after it is completed," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!