BSP MLA`s car mows down seven-year-old
Kanpur: A Scorpio, registered in the name of a Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) legislator, spun out of control and mowed down a seven-year-old boy in Uttar Pradesh`s Barra area here, police said Monday.
The accident took place late Sunday when Ashok Singh Chandel`s car ran over Karan Valmiki, killing him on the spot. According to eyewitnesses, the car soon fled the spot.
"We have learnt that the car belongs to Ashok Singh Chandel, who represents the Hamirpur assembly seat," police inspector Sanjay Kumar told reporters here Monday.
"We are yet to ascertain whether the MLA was driving the car at the time of the accident or whether he was present inside the vehicle when the mishap took place. We have initiated an enquiry into the matter and will take necessary legal action only after it is completed," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Stick to my statement that Salman Khan killed Chinkara, says 'missing' driver
- Eye on China? India to buy four P-8I aircraft from US for maritime surveillance over Indian Ocean Region
- Terrorist captured in J&K's Kupwara district is Pakistani national from Lahore: Report
- No question of tampering with samples of shot putter Inderjeet Singh: NADA boss
- New Israeli settlement plans `provocative and counterproductive`: US