BSP MLA`s car mows down seven-year-old
Kanpur: A Scorpio, registered in the name of a Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) legislator, spun out of control and mowed down a seven-year-old boy in Uttar Pradesh`s Barra area here, police said Monday.
The accident took place late Sunday when Ashok Singh Chandel`s car ran over Karan Valmiki, killing him on the spot. According to eyewitnesses, the car soon fled the spot.
"We have learnt that the car belongs to Ashok Singh Chandel, who represents the Hamirpur assembly seat," police inspector Sanjay Kumar told reporters here Monday.
"We are yet to ascertain whether the MLA was driving the car at the time of the accident or whether he was present inside the vehicle when the mishap took place. We have initiated an enquiry into the matter and will take necessary legal action only after it is completed," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?