BSP MLAs walk out of Assembly to oppose budget in UP
Lucknow: BSP members on Tuesday walked out from the state assembly when Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav presented the budget for 2013-14, alleging that the government had not spent one-fourth of last year`s budget.
"Presentation of the existing budget has no meaning as the SP government could not spend one-fourth of last year`s budget of Rs 2,00110.61.
"It`s an attempt to loot unspent money of previous budget by corrupt practice and BSP did not want to be involved in this ....", Leader of Opposition Swami Prasad Maurya told reporters after walking out from the House.
He said in the existing scenario, there was no meaning of presenting the budget and it was only an attempt to do "paper work".
Asked whether his party had deviated from tradition by walking out during presentation of budget, Maurya said his party just tried to let people know the reality.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried