BSP MP booked for duping
Lucknow: A Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) MP has been booked on charges of duping a man who purchased a vehicle from his automobile agency in Uttar Pradesh, police said Wednesday.
Rajya Sabha member Ganga Charan, his nephew Basu Bhaiya and 15 employees of GRS Motors Pvt Ltd were accused of duping Netram by seizing his vehicle on the pretext of replacing its tyres and other parts.
"The case against the MP was registered Tuesday following directions of a local court," police Inspector A.V. Singh told reporters in Jhansi, some 300 km from here.
Netram, a resident of Jhansi`s Premnagar town, bought the Mahindra jeep from GRS Motors early this year.
"According to Netram, on the pretext of making changes in his vehicle, he was asked to visit the automobile agency, where his jeep was seized at the behest of the MP in September," said A.V. Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Saraswati Puja on Vasant Panchami - Tithi, Muhurt and Vidhi