BSP MP booked for duping
Lucknow: A Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) MP has been booked on charges of duping a man who purchased a vehicle from his automobile agency in Uttar Pradesh, police said Wednesday.
Rajya Sabha member Ganga Charan, his nephew Basu Bhaiya and 15 employees of GRS Motors Pvt Ltd were accused of duping Netram by seizing his vehicle on the pretext of replacing its tyres and other parts.
"The case against the MP was registered Tuesday following directions of a local court," police Inspector A.V. Singh told reporters in Jhansi, some 300 km from here.
Netram, a resident of Jhansi`s Premnagar town, bought the Mahindra jeep from GRS Motors early this year.
"According to Netram, on the pretext of making changes in his vehicle, he was asked to visit the automobile agency, where his jeep was seized at the behest of the MP in September," said A.V. Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Cabinet gives nod to revised Indo-Cyprus DTAA
- AAP dares rebel leader Dharamvira Gandhi to resign as MP
- Deepika Padukone to join hands with Indian Psychiatric Society to promote mental health
- Injured Aaron Ramsey not in Chris Coleman's Wales squad
- Banks to auction Kingfisher Airlines brands again on Thursday at lower price