BSP MP booked for duping
Lucknow: A Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) MP has been booked on charges of duping a man who purchased a vehicle from his automobile agency in Uttar Pradesh, police said Wednesday.
Rajya Sabha member Ganga Charan, his nephew Basu Bhaiya and 15 employees of GRS Motors Pvt Ltd were accused of duping Netram by seizing his vehicle on the pretext of replacing its tyres and other parts.
"The case against the MP was registered Tuesday following directions of a local court," police Inspector A.V. Singh told reporters in Jhansi, some 300 km from here.
Netram, a resident of Jhansi`s Premnagar town, bought the Mahindra jeep from GRS Motors early this year.
"According to Netram, on the pretext of making changes in his vehicle, he was asked to visit the automobile agency, where his jeep was seized at the behest of the MP in September," said A.V. Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured