BSP MP booked for duping
Lucknow: A Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) MP has been booked on charges of duping a man who purchased a vehicle from his automobile agency in Uttar Pradesh, police said Wednesday.
Rajya Sabha member Ganga Charan, his nephew Basu Bhaiya and 15 employees of GRS Motors Pvt Ltd were accused of duping Netram by seizing his vehicle on the pretext of replacing its tyres and other parts.
"The case against the MP was registered Tuesday following directions of a local court," police Inspector A.V. Singh told reporters in Jhansi, some 300 km from here.
Netram, a resident of Jhansi`s Premnagar town, bought the Mahindra jeep from GRS Motors early this year.
"According to Netram, on the pretext of making changes in his vehicle, he was asked to visit the automobile agency, where his jeep was seized at the behest of the MP in September," said A.V. Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional