BSP MP booked for duping
Lucknow: A Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) MP has been booked on charges of duping a man who purchased a vehicle from his automobile agency in Uttar Pradesh, police said Wednesday.
Rajya Sabha member Ganga Charan, his nephew Basu Bhaiya and 15 employees of GRS Motors Pvt Ltd were accused of duping Netram by seizing his vehicle on the pretext of replacing its tyres and other parts.
"The case against the MP was registered Tuesday following directions of a local court," police Inspector A.V. Singh told reporters in Jhansi, some 300 km from here.
Netram, a resident of Jhansi`s Premnagar town, bought the Mahindra jeep from GRS Motors early this year.
"According to Netram, on the pretext of making changes in his vehicle, he was asked to visit the automobile agency, where his jeep was seized at the behest of the MP in September," said A.V. Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- GST Bill: Arun Jaitley to meet state finance ministers on Tuesday
- 'Madaari' Box Office collections: Irrfan Khan starrer mints Rs 5.75 crores
- Narsingh Yadav cries foul after dope test shock, says truth will come out
- CM Mehbooba Mufti favours abrogation of AFSPA from parts of J&K; says if successful it can be revoked in entirety
- EPFO likely to raise equity investment to 10%