BSP MP Dhananjay Singh arrested in murder case
Lucknow: Ruling BSP MP Dhananjay Singh was
on Sunday arrested in a murder case registered against him in his
constituency Jaunpur in Uttar Pradesh.
"The MP has been arrested in Lucknow in a murder case
registered against him in Kerakat police station of Jaunpur,"
SSP DK Thakur said.
The MP, who was taken into custody at his official
residence here, was being taken to Jaunpur, nearly 250 kms
Singh was expelled from BSP for meeting former SP leader
Amar Singh in AIIMS, New Delhi but later his suspension was
revoked by Mayawati`s party.
After his arrest, Dhananjay alleged that he was being
implicated in a false case by the Mayawati government.
"The government is getting me arrested on false cases
and the police has produced no warrant," he told reporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley