BSP MP Dhananjay Singh arrested in murder case
Lucknow: Ruling BSP MP Dhananjay Singh was
on Sunday arrested in a murder case registered against him in his
constituency Jaunpur in Uttar Pradesh.
"The MP has been arrested in Lucknow in a murder case
registered against him in Kerakat police station of Jaunpur,"
SSP DK Thakur said.
The MP, who was taken into custody at his official
residence here, was being taken to Jaunpur, nearly 250 kms
Singh was expelled from BSP for meeting former SP leader
Amar Singh in AIIMS, New Delhi but later his suspension was
revoked by Mayawati`s party.
After his arrest, Dhananjay alleged that he was being
implicated in a false case by the Mayawati government.
"The government is getting me arrested on false cases
and the police has produced no warrant," he told reporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani