BSP MP gets bail in election code violation case
Muzaffarnagar: BSP Member of Parliament Tabasum, served with an arrest warrant for violation of election code of conduct three years ago, appeared in a court in Sardhana and was granted bail.
The MP from Kairana constituency appeared before the first class judicial magistrate, who granted her bail.
According to prosecution, Tabasum, wife of former MP late Munawwer Hasan, had contested assembly elections on an INLD ticket from Sardhana constituency in 2007 and had violated the model code of conduct by pasting posters on the walls of government buildings.
On the Election Commission`s directive, a case was registered against Tabasum and five other candidates under provisions under 171 and 125 of the people representation Act at Sardhana on March 31, 2007.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- VIDEO: When helicopter shot came to haunt Team India and skipper MS Dhoni himself