BSP MP gets bail in election code violation case
Muzaffarnagar: BSP Member of Parliament Tabasum, served with an arrest warrant for violation of election code of conduct three years ago, appeared in a court in Sardhana and was granted bail.
The MP from Kairana constituency appeared before the first class judicial magistrate, who granted her bail.
According to prosecution, Tabasum, wife of former MP late Munawwer Hasan, had contested assembly elections on an INLD ticket from Sardhana constituency in 2007 and had violated the model code of conduct by pasting posters on the walls of government buildings.
On the Election Commission`s directive, a case was registered against Tabasum and five other candidates under provisions under 171 and 125 of the people representation Act at Sardhana on March 31, 2007.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Gujarat Dalit protest: After Rahul, Kejriwal to visit violence-hit Una today
- PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone of AIIMS in Gorakhpur today
- Rajya Sabha to vote on bill seeking 'special status' for Andhra Pradesh today
- 'Bunty Chor' - Delhi's high-end car thief arrested; BMW, Toyota Fortuner recovered
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons