BSP MP gets bail in election code violation case
Muzaffarnagar: BSP Member of Parliament Tabasum, served with an arrest warrant for violation of election code of conduct three years ago, appeared in a court in Sardhana and was granted bail.
The MP from Kairana constituency appeared before the first class judicial magistrate, who granted her bail.
According to prosecution, Tabasum, wife of former MP late Munawwer Hasan, had contested assembly elections on an INLD ticket from Sardhana constituency in 2007 and had violated the model code of conduct by pasting posters on the walls of government buildings.
On the Election Commission`s directive, a case was registered against Tabasum and five other candidates under provisions under 171 and 125 of the people representation Act at Sardhana on March 31, 2007.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read