BSP MP gets bail in election code violation case
Muzaffarnagar: BSP Member of Parliament Tabasum, served with an arrest warrant for violation of election code of conduct three years ago, appeared in a court in Sardhana and was granted bail.
The MP from Kairana constituency appeared before the first class judicial magistrate, who granted her bail.
According to prosecution, Tabasum, wife of former MP late Munawwer Hasan, had contested assembly elections on an INLD ticket from Sardhana constituency in 2007 and had violated the model code of conduct by pasting posters on the walls of government buildings.
On the Election Commission`s directive, a case was registered against Tabasum and five other candidates under provisions under 171 and 125 of the people representation Act at Sardhana on March 31, 2007.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- Aashif Sheikh turns ragpicker on 'Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hai'
- WATCH: BRILLIANT! This airline's touching gesture on Dipa Karmakar's arrival in Agartala
- Happy to be working during pregnancy: Kareena Kapoor Khan
- Pfizer says acquiring biotech firm Medivation for $14 billion
- Asian Filmmaker award posthumously for Abbas Kiarostami at Busan