BSP questions Akhilesh on scam worth
Lucknow: Claiming that UP chief minister Akhilesh Yadav was indulging in "rhetoric", the Bahujan Samaj Party on Thursday questioned his assessment that scams on construction of parks and memorials during the previous Mayawati government was worth Rs 40,000 crore.
"The Samajwadi Party had indulged in similar rhetorics during the election campaign and they are continuing with it...But being in government now they would now have come to know of the facts", a BSP release issued here said.
BSP claimed that only one per cent of the budget was spent on these parks, memorials and museums named after greatmen, that too as per the rules getting it duly passed by the vidhan sabha and questioned as to how the SP leaders and chief minister assessed that the spendings were around Rs 40,000 crore.
"The SP must be fully aware as it had been a part of the proceedings of the vidhan sabha being the main opposition party", the release said adding that the chief minister seems to have had some dream on scams.
The release said that similar irrelevant statements were earlier too issued by the SP government that schools and hospitals would be set up in thousands of acres of land lying idle in these memorials.
People have, however, now come to know of the reality that these memorials have been set up in 500 acres of land in all and so there could not be any question of thousands of acres lying idle, the release said adding that these statements are nothing but political rhetoric.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row