BSP replaces its candidate for Bhadohi LS seat
Bhadohi: The Bahujan Samaj Party on Tuesday replaced its candidate for Bhadohi Lok Sabha seat in Uttar Pradesh fielding former minister Rakesh Dhar Tripathi in place of sitting party MP Gorakhnath Pandey.
The announcement in this regard was made by BSP leader Ram Kumar Kureel at a meeting of district party workers here.
Party leader Satish Chandra Mishra had earlier said Pandey would contest the Bhadohi seat in upcoming Lok Sabha polls.
Former higher education minister Rakesh Dhar Tripathi, who lost the last Assembly polls, would now be the party`s candidate for the parliamentary seat, Kureel said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway