BSP should thank Akhilesh for reinstalling Maya statue: SP
Lucknow: Praising Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav for dealing with the situation arising out of vandalisation of Mayawati`s statue, the ruling Samajwadi Party on Friday said BSP leaders should thank him for getting the statue reinstalled quickly.
"Akhilesh should be praised for the manner in which the entire incident was dealt by him. BSP leaders should thank the CM for reinstalling the statue within 12 hours," SP spokesman Rajendra Chowdhury said.
"The BSP leaders, who could not meet even their chief minister (Mayawati) in the previous regime, met Akhilesh easily today and aired their views," he said.
The state government had yesterday night got a new statue installed at Bhim Rao Ambedkar Samajik Parivartan Sthal after the earlier one was vandalised.
The statue was today cleaned and polished by the administration and BSP leaders including Swami Prasad Maurya and Naseemudin Siddiqui also inspected it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police