BSP should thank Akhilesh for reinstalling Maya statue: SP
Lucknow: Praising Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav for dealing with the situation arising out of vandalisation of Mayawati`s statue, the ruling Samajwadi Party on Friday said BSP leaders should thank him for getting the statue reinstalled quickly.
"Akhilesh should be praised for the manner in which the entire incident was dealt by him. BSP leaders should thank the CM for reinstalling the statue within 12 hours," SP spokesman Rajendra Chowdhury said.
"The BSP leaders, who could not meet even their chief minister (Mayawati) in the previous regime, met Akhilesh easily today and aired their views," he said.
The state government had yesterday night got a new statue installed at Bhim Rao Ambedkar Samajik Parivartan Sthal after the earlier one was vandalised.
The statue was today cleaned and polished by the administration and BSP leaders including Swami Prasad Maurya and Naseemudin Siddiqui also inspected it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi