BSP slams Guv`s address for `jungle raj` remark
Lucknow: Stung by the remark of "jungle raj" during its regime, BSP on Tuesday slammed the Governor`s address to the Uttar Pradesh Legislature and cited cases of murder and rape during the present SP rule to demolish the charge.
Dubbing Governor B L Joshi`s speech as a bundle of futile and hollow promises, BSP leader Swami Prasad Maurya said, "The state of this government is that when the address was being delivered in the House, six people were killed in Etawah, the home district of Chief Minister Akilesh Yadav, and a woman was raped in a police station in Badaun."
Maurya was speaking on the Motion of Thanks to the Governor for his address to the joint sitting of the state Assembly and Legislative Council.
"More such incidents have taken place during the present SP regime...The governor`s address is a bundle of futile and hollow promises," he said.
In his address, Joshi had yesterday said the "jungle raj" in the last five years "was unparalleled in the history of the country when the people got nothing but stones, statues and memorials".
"Owing to political degradation, several incidents took place which brought shame to the state...My government has formulated the agenda of development to take the state ahead on the path of progress in place of the plundering rampant in the last five years," he had said.
Maurya said although the young chief minister seems to have noble intention "but it appears that he does not have a free hand. Goondas and mafias are having a field day in UP".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- 2016 Olympics: Russia escape blanket ban, but IOC bars whistle-blower from Rio Games
- Pakistan Daily calls Nawaz Sharif's statement on Kashmir 'wishful thinking and unrealistic'
- Hungarian Grand Prix: Record fifth win sends Lewis Hamilton top
- Olympian predicts record medal haul from Indian shooters at 2016 Rio Games
- Watch video: NASA's SDO captures solar material bursting from the sun!