BSP slams Guv`s address for `jungle raj` remark
Lucknow: Stung by the remark of "jungle raj" during its regime, BSP on Tuesday slammed the Governor`s address to the Uttar Pradesh Legislature and cited cases of murder and rape during the present SP rule to demolish the charge.
Dubbing Governor B L Joshi`s speech as a bundle of futile and hollow promises, BSP leader Swami Prasad Maurya said, "The state of this government is that when the address was being delivered in the House, six people were killed in Etawah, the home district of Chief Minister Akilesh Yadav, and a woman was raped in a police station in Badaun."
Maurya was speaking on the Motion of Thanks to the Governor for his address to the joint sitting of the state Assembly and Legislative Council.
"More such incidents have taken place during the present SP regime...The governor`s address is a bundle of futile and hollow promises," he said.
In his address, Joshi had yesterday said the "jungle raj" in the last five years "was unparalleled in the history of the country when the people got nothing but stones, statues and memorials".
"Owing to political degradation, several incidents took place which brought shame to the state...My government has formulated the agenda of development to take the state ahead on the path of progress in place of the plundering rampant in the last five years," he had said.
Maurya said although the young chief minister seems to have noble intention "but it appears that he does not have a free hand. Goondas and mafias are having a field day in UP".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row