BSP, SP have failed to deliver: Rahul Gandhi

Rahul Gandhi on Thursday said a change was needed by forming a government which works for all.

Balrampur: Alleging that the BSP and Samajwadi Party have failed to live up to the expectations of the people, Rahul Gandhi on Thursday said a change was needed by
forming a government which works for all.

"You believed in BSP last time what did you get. Did you get roads, power, development, employment. Before it you believed in the SP did you get power, justice from the police stations", Gandhi asked the people at a public meeting here.

On Mulayam, the Congress general secretary said when he found that he may lose power in the last Assembly elections, he suddenly shook hands with former BJP leader Kalyan Singh.
Singh was the chief minister of UP when Babri Masjid was demolished.

"You would remember that when the SP government was in power in the state, criminals used to run police stations and FIRs were not lodged", he alleged.

He also said that Mulayam`s party was not seen in the fight for farmers when they lost their land.

Gandhi, who is into the third day of his five-day tour in the state, said both BSP and SP run the government for "10 percent" of the population while the remaining "90 percent keep looking around".

Promising that his party would form a government which would work for the entire 100 percent, he said it would be a government of all castes and religions and work for development and growth.

Continuing his attack on the UP government for "misuse" of central funds, he alleged crores of rupees being sent by the Centre was going in the pockets of BSP workers, ministers and bureaucrats and the poor people got no benefit.

The Congress general secretary, who launched his campaign for the UP polls earlier this month from Phulpur, also accused the SP and BSP of jeopardising the Land Acquisition Bill.

"We gave the Bundelkhand package of Rs 3,000 crore. BSP has eaten up all this money...I get angry, I become sad (at the state of affairs in UP). This government is operating for just 10 percent of the people," he charged.


By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. You can find out more by clicking this link