BSP-SP MLAs clash on Day 1 of UP Assembly Session
Lucknow: The first day of the Budget Session of the newly-elected Uttar Pradesh Assembly witnessed chaos on Monday as MLAs belonging to the opposition BSP trooped to the Well of the House creating ruckus.
As soon as Governor BL Joshi started his customary address to the Assembly of the first day of the Budget Session, BSP MLAs started shouting and ran to the Well of the House. They were reportedly protesting against poor law and order situation in the state.
The BSP legislators tried to throw papers on Governor Joshi and also clashed with the ruling Samajwadi Party MLAs and marshals.
Some of the legislators also climbed on chairs and tables.
The House was adjourned till 12.30 pm by the Speaker amid din.
It may be noted that former CM and BSP chief Mayawati has accused the SP government of vendetta politics, while specifically targeting the Dalit memorials-cum-parks built during her five-year-tenure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Live TV shootout of American journalists shocks the world
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea