BSP-SP MLAs clash on Day 1 of UP Assembly Session
Lucknow: The first day of the Budget Session of the newly-elected Uttar Pradesh Assembly witnessed chaos on Monday as MLAs belonging to the opposition BSP trooped to the Well of the House creating ruckus.
As soon as Governor BL Joshi started his customary address to the Assembly of the first day of the Budget Session, BSP MLAs started shouting and ran to the Well of the House. They were reportedly protesting against poor law and order situation in the state.
The BSP legislators tried to throw papers on Governor Joshi and also clashed with the ruling Samajwadi Party MLAs and marshals.
Some of the legislators also climbed on chairs and tables.
The House was adjourned till 12.30 pm by the Speaker amid din.
It may be noted that former CM and BSP chief Mayawati has accused the SP government of vendetta politics, while specifically targeting the Dalit memorials-cum-parks built during her five-year-tenure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?