BSP-SP MLAs clash on Day 1 of UP Assembly Session
Lucknow: The first day of the Budget Session of the newly-elected Uttar Pradesh Assembly witnessed chaos on Monday as MLAs belonging to the opposition BSP trooped to the Well of the House creating ruckus.
As soon as Governor BL Joshi started his customary address to the Assembly of the first day of the Budget Session, BSP MLAs started shouting and ran to the Well of the House. They were reportedly protesting against poor law and order situation in the state.
The BSP legislators tried to throw papers on Governor Joshi and also clashed with the ruling Samajwadi Party MLAs and marshals.
Some of the legislators also climbed on chairs and tables.
The House was adjourned till 12.30 pm by the Speaker amid din.
It may be noted that former CM and BSP chief Mayawati has accused the SP government of vendetta politics, while specifically targeting the Dalit memorials-cum-parks built during her five-year-tenure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack