BSP-SP MLAs clash on Day 1 of UP Assembly Session
Lucknow: The first day of the Budget Session of the newly-elected Uttar Pradesh Assembly witnessed chaos on Monday as MLAs belonging to the opposition BSP trooped to the Well of the House creating ruckus.
As soon as Governor BL Joshi started his customary address to the Assembly of the first day of the Budget Session, BSP MLAs started shouting and ran to the Well of the House. They were reportedly protesting against poor law and order situation in the state.
The BSP legislators tried to throw papers on Governor Joshi and also clashed with the ruling Samajwadi Party MLAs and marshals.
Some of the legislators also climbed on chairs and tables.
The House was adjourned till 12.30 pm by the Speaker amid din.
It may be noted that former CM and BSP chief Mayawati has accused the SP government of vendetta politics, while specifically targeting the Dalit memorials-cum-parks built during her five-year-tenure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda