BSP stages walkout over non-appointment of primary teachers
Lucknow: Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) members Tuesday staged a walkout in the legislative assembly alleging that the state government was not serious in appointment of primary teachers.
The walkout was staged during the question hour when leader of Opposition, Swami Prasad Maurya sought to know the time frame of appointment of primary teachers from the Basic Education minister of the state.
Minister Ram Govind Chowdhury said that the government was working in this regard and online applications would be sought for the purpose from applicants soon to ensure transparency.
Unsatisfied with the reply, BSP members led by Maurya staged a walkout in the assembly.
Another BSP member Indrajeet Saroj mentioned the practice of showing fake enrolment of students for posting of teachers.
"The teachers in primary schools are posted on the basis of enrolment of students. It has come to my notice that in many places fake enrolments are shown for appointment of teachers", Indrajeet said.
Replying to the allegation, the education minister noted that strict action would be taken if such discrepancies are found.
"When I took charge as the minister, I was told that people working in Mumbai and Delhi are drawing salary from the department. I have tried to ensure that teachers remain present in the school and curbed this practice.
"Our government is serious in improving the standard of basic education", Ram Govind Chowdhury said.
The minister also said that due to legal hurdles the appointment of primary teachers was delayed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security