BSP stages walkout over power crisis in UP
Lucknow: The opposition Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) on Monday staged a walkout in the state Assembly angry at incessant power cuts in the state.
The issue was raised by the BSP through an adjournment motion during zero hour demanding a debate on the power situation in the state.
Leader of the opposition Naseemuddin Siddiqui said that people are agitated due to frequent power cuts across the state which has resulted in a water crisis.
He alleged that in Gorakhpur, even SP workers agitated against power crisis and indulged in vandalism.
Leader of the house Ahmad Hasan said that it was a challenge before the government, but situation would be controlled within two months.
Hasan said that there were 40 per cent line losses which was not possible without the connivance of department officials. However, he assured that the farmers would not face problems for agricultural purposes.
Dissatisfied with the government`s reply, the BSP members staged a walkout from the house.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report