BSP stages walkout over power crisis in UP
Lucknow: The opposition Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) on Monday staged a walkout in the state Assembly angry at incessant power cuts in the state.
The issue was raised by the BSP through an adjournment motion during zero hour demanding a debate on the power situation in the state.
Leader of the opposition Naseemuddin Siddiqui said that people are agitated due to frequent power cuts across the state which has resulted in a water crisis.
He alleged that in Gorakhpur, even SP workers agitated against power crisis and indulged in vandalism.
Leader of the house Ahmad Hasan said that it was a challenge before the government, but situation would be controlled within two months.
Hasan said that there were 40 per cent line losses which was not possible without the connivance of department officials. However, he assured that the farmers would not face problems for agricultural purposes.
Dissatisfied with the government`s reply, the BSP members staged a walkout from the house.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...