BSP stages walkout over power crisis in UP
Lucknow: The opposition Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) on Monday staged a walkout in the state Assembly angry at incessant power cuts in the state.
The issue was raised by the BSP through an adjournment motion during zero hour demanding a debate on the power situation in the state.
Leader of the opposition Naseemuddin Siddiqui said that people are agitated due to frequent power cuts across the state which has resulted in a water crisis.
He alleged that in Gorakhpur, even SP workers agitated against power crisis and indulged in vandalism.
Leader of the house Ahmad Hasan said that it was a challenge before the government, but situation would be controlled within two months.
Hasan said that there were 40 per cent line losses which was not possible without the connivance of department officials. However, he assured that the farmers would not face problems for agricultural purposes.
Dissatisfied with the government`s reply, the BSP members staged a walkout from the house.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Modi in Iran: PM promises big celebration of Guru Gobind Singh's birth anniversary
- Pooja Rani ousted, no 2016 Rio Olympic quota for Indian women boxers
- Modi government's two years in power disastrous: Congress
- Heat wave returns to Odisha
- Beware! 'Silent' heart attacks may increase risk of death by three times: Research