BSP stages walkout over power crisis in UP
Lucknow: The opposition Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) on Monday staged a walkout in the state Assembly angry at incessant power cuts in the state.
The issue was raised by the BSP through an adjournment motion during zero hour demanding a debate on the power situation in the state.
Leader of the opposition Naseemuddin Siddiqui said that people are agitated due to frequent power cuts across the state which has resulted in a water crisis.
He alleged that in Gorakhpur, even SP workers agitated against power crisis and indulged in vandalism.
Leader of the house Ahmad Hasan said that it was a challenge before the government, but situation would be controlled within two months.
Hasan said that there were 40 per cent line losses which was not possible without the connivance of department officials. However, he assured that the farmers would not face problems for agricultural purposes.
Dissatisfied with the government`s reply, the BSP members staged a walkout from the house.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'