BSP stages walkout over power crisis in UP
Lucknow: The opposition Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) on Monday staged a walkout in the state Assembly angry at incessant power cuts in the state.
The issue was raised by the BSP through an adjournment motion during zero hour demanding a debate on the power situation in the state.
Leader of the opposition Naseemuddin Siddiqui said that people are agitated due to frequent power cuts across the state which has resulted in a water crisis.
He alleged that in Gorakhpur, even SP workers agitated against power crisis and indulged in vandalism.
Leader of the house Ahmad Hasan said that it was a challenge before the government, but situation would be controlled within two months.
Hasan said that there were 40 per cent line losses which was not possible without the connivance of department officials. However, he assured that the farmers would not face problems for agricultural purposes.
Dissatisfied with the government`s reply, the BSP members staged a walkout from the house.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Why so much hullabaloo over Aamir's statement, asks Nagma