BSP supporters block Yamuna expressway
Greater Noida: BSP supporters on Saturday blocked newly inaugurated Yamuna expressway and damaged a state transport bus at Jewar toll plaza, protesting against alleged damage to an Ambedkar statue at Tappal in Aligarh.
Farmers supporting BSP held the protest after a report of damage to the statue last night poured in here.
The farmers from villages along the Jewar Toll Plaza gathered at the expressway and pelted stones on the bus en route to Agra. However, the passengers did not suffer any major injuries.
Police have lodged a case of rioting and damage to public property against 250 protestors, police said.
Due to the protest the Expressway remained closed for an hour. Later, traffic movement was normalised.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Defiant Rousseff says Brazil's democracy on trial with her
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir
- Alphabet executive steps down from Uber board amid growing competition
- Facebook CEO says group will not become a media company
- Some 6,500 migrants rescued off Libya: Coastguard