BSP supporters block Yamuna expressway
Greater Noida: BSP supporters on Saturday blocked newly inaugurated Yamuna expressway and damaged a state transport bus at Jewar toll plaza, protesting against alleged damage to an Ambedkar statue at Tappal in Aligarh.
Farmers supporting BSP held the protest after a report of damage to the statue last night poured in here.
The farmers from villages along the Jewar Toll Plaza gathered at the expressway and pelted stones on the bus en route to Agra. However, the passengers did not suffer any major injuries.
Police have lodged a case of rioting and damage to public property against 250 protestors, police said.
Due to the protest the Expressway remained closed for an hour. Later, traffic movement was normalised.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi