BSP supporters block Yamuna expressway
Greater Noida: BSP supporters on Saturday blocked newly inaugurated Yamuna expressway and damaged a state transport bus at Jewar toll plaza, protesting against alleged damage to an Ambedkar statue at Tappal in Aligarh.
Farmers supporting BSP held the protest after a report of damage to the statue last night poured in here.
The farmers from villages along the Jewar Toll Plaza gathered at the expressway and pelted stones on the bus en route to Agra. However, the passengers did not suffer any major injuries.
Police have lodged a case of rioting and damage to public property against 250 protestors, police said.
Due to the protest the Expressway remained closed for an hour. Later, traffic movement was normalised.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016