BSP supporters block Yamuna expressway
Greater Noida: BSP supporters on Saturday blocked newly inaugurated Yamuna expressway and damaged a state transport bus at Jewar toll plaza, protesting against alleged damage to an Ambedkar statue at Tappal in Aligarh.
Farmers supporting BSP held the protest after a report of damage to the statue last night poured in here.
The farmers from villages along the Jewar Toll Plaza gathered at the expressway and pelted stones on the bus en route to Agra. However, the passengers did not suffer any major injuries.
Police have lodged a case of rioting and damage to public property against 250 protestors, police said.
Due to the protest the Expressway remained closed for an hour. Later, traffic movement was normalised.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai