BSP supporters block Yamuna expressway
Greater Noida: BSP supporters on Saturday blocked newly inaugurated Yamuna expressway and damaged a state transport bus at Jewar toll plaza, protesting against alleged damage to an Ambedkar statue at Tappal in Aligarh.
Farmers supporting BSP held the protest after a report of damage to the statue last night poured in here.
The farmers from villages along the Jewar Toll Plaza gathered at the expressway and pelted stones on the bus en route to Agra. However, the passengers did not suffer any major injuries.
Police have lodged a case of rioting and damage to public property against 250 protestors, police said.
Due to the protest the Expressway remained closed for an hour. Later, traffic movement was normalised.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend