BSP supremo Mayawati dubs UP as `crime pradesh`
New Delhi: BSP supremo Mayawati on Sunday fired a salvo at the Akhilesh Yadav government saying law and order had failed completely in Uttar Pradesh reducing it to "crime pradesh", charge rubbished by the Chief Minister.
"The UP government has failed badly on law and order front. Now Uttar Pradesh has become not 99 per cent but 100 per cent crime pradesh," she told reporters here.
The former Chief Minister said people of Uttar Pradesh have realised the mistake of voting Samajwadi Party to power.
"If you go to any district of the state and ask the common people, they will say we have made a big mistake. We have voted the wrong party to power...The BSP government was far better," she said.
Stung by the remarks, the Chief Minister said in Lucknow that his government was serious on law and order front and those involved in illegal activities would not be spared.
"SP government in the state is continuously reviewing the law and order and those found involved in anti-social activities would not be spared and strict action will be taken against them," Yadav said in a statement.
Hitting back at BSP, he said the party did not have any issue and was upset over the popularity of the state government due to which Mayawati was making "baseless allegations" against it.
Meanwhile, Congress saw nothing wrong in Mayawati`s description of Uttar Pradesh as "crime pradesh".
"I agree," was the cryptic remark of Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh, who is incharge of party affairs in Uttar Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray