BSP suspends party MP for indiscipline
Lucknow: Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) supremo and Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati Wednesday suspended the party`s MP from Jaunpur, Dhananjay Singh, for alleged anti-party activities.
The alleged activities involve "meeting former Samajwadi Party (SP) leader Amar Singh and misuse of his parliamentarian`s fund".
"We have learnt from the media that recently Dhananjay Singh met Amar Singh, an accused in the cash-for-vote scam. Moreover, without informing the party leadership, he even gave statements in support of Amar Singh," BSP state unit president Swami Prasad Maurya said.
"It all amounts not only to indiscipline but contempt of court also as the (cash-for-vote) matter is subjudice," he added.
Maurya also accused Dhananjay Singh of misusing his MP fund.
"We have also come to know that the MP did not spend the funds on development of his constituency; instead, he used a major amount of the fund on his relatives. Moreover, the MP also made efforts to make anti-social elements join BSP," Maurya said.
"Owing to his indiscipline and anti-party activities, the party leadership has instructed him not to participate in any of its programme in the future."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof