BSP suspends party MP for indiscipline
Lucknow: Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) supremo and Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati Wednesday suspended the party`s MP from Jaunpur, Dhananjay Singh, for alleged anti-party activities.
The alleged activities involve "meeting former Samajwadi Party (SP) leader Amar Singh and misuse of his parliamentarian`s fund".
"We have learnt from the media that recently Dhananjay Singh met Amar Singh, an accused in the cash-for-vote scam. Moreover, without informing the party leadership, he even gave statements in support of Amar Singh," BSP state unit president Swami Prasad Maurya said.
"It all amounts not only to indiscipline but contempt of court also as the (cash-for-vote) matter is subjudice," he added.
Maurya also accused Dhananjay Singh of misusing his MP fund.
"We have also come to know that the MP did not spend the funds on development of his constituency; instead, he used a major amount of the fund on his relatives. Moreover, the MP also made efforts to make anti-social elements join BSP," Maurya said.
"Owing to his indiscipline and anti-party activities, the party leadership has instructed him not to participate in any of its programme in the future."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is it a bubble or a pony? Sunny Leone's latest hairstyle is something to watch out for!
- IPL 2016, KKR vs SRH: Colin Munro's run-out was the turning point of the match, says Gautam Gambhir
- D-St gives thumbs up to 2 years of Modi govt: Sensex tops 26,600-mark; Nifty above 8,100-level
- CBSE 10th Result 2016, Class X Results 2016 (cbse.nic.in) to be declared on May 30 not today on May 27 or May 28
- Whoa! Kareena Kapoor Khan gets bigger role in Sonam Kapoor's 'Veera Di Shaadi'?