BSP suspends party MP for indiscipline
Lucknow: Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) supremo and Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati Wednesday suspended the party`s MP from Jaunpur, Dhananjay Singh, for alleged anti-party activities.
The alleged activities involve "meeting former Samajwadi Party (SP) leader Amar Singh and misuse of his parliamentarian`s fund".
"We have learnt from the media that recently Dhananjay Singh met Amar Singh, an accused in the cash-for-vote scam. Moreover, without informing the party leadership, he even gave statements in support of Amar Singh," BSP state unit president Swami Prasad Maurya said.
"It all amounts not only to indiscipline but contempt of court also as the (cash-for-vote) matter is subjudice," he added.
Maurya also accused Dhananjay Singh of misusing his MP fund.
"We have also come to know that the MP did not spend the funds on development of his constituency; instead, he used a major amount of the fund on his relatives. Moreover, the MP also made efforts to make anti-social elements join BSP," Maurya said.
"Owing to his indiscipline and anti-party activities, the party leadership has instructed him not to participate in any of its programme in the future."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city