BSP takes exception to Jairam Ramesh`s remark on Kanshi Ram
Lucknow: BSP on Friday decried Union Minister Jairam Ramesh`s remarks against its late leader Kanshi Ram, saying the party was being dragged into the "fight between Congress and BJP" to mislead people ahead of Assembly elections in four states.
Terming as "baseless" and not true Ramesh`s remark to Narendra Modi asking him if he agreed with Kanshi Ram on building a sanitation complex in Ayodhya, the party maintained that the late leader had never made such a statement.
"We condemn the statement of Ramesh. It is baseless and not the truth. It`s an attempt to malign image of Kanshi Ram in the fight between Congress and BJP and an attempt to mislead the people. It`s totally unfair," a BSP spokesperson said here.
"Kanshi Ram had never made such a statement (regarding toilets at disputed site at Ayodhya) in his entire life. Such misleading statements are being circulated to mislead people keeping in mind assembly elections in Delhi, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan and Chhattisgarh," he said.
It is a conspiracy against BSP movement and its leadership, he alleged.
"Had construction of toilet at Ayodhya been desire of Kanshi Ram, why BSP government in UP would not have tried to fulfil it like his other desires?" he said.
Ramesh had yesterday targeted Modi for his "toilets first, temples later" remark, asking him if he agreed with Kanshi Ram, who had said during the BJP`s Ayodhya movement that the solution to the Ayodhya controversy is to build a giant sanitation complex.
The Minister, who had come under attack from Sangh outfits months back for favouring toilets over temples, had targeted Modi for speaking on the same lines, saying it was borne out of his "blind desire for the Prime Minister`s post".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing