BSP to celebrate its silver jubilee on Kanshiram`s b`day
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister
Mayawati on Monday said the BSP would celebrate 25th anniversary
of its foundation on the birth anniversary of its founder
Kanshiram on March 15.
"The party, which came into existence on April 14, 1984
completed 25 years last year, but the party could not
celebrate silver jubilee due to Lok Sabha and assembly
elections in some states," Mayawati told reporters here.
She said now the party has decided to celebrate its 25th
foundation day on the birth anniversary of BSP founder
Kanshiram on March 15 in Lucknow.
"As part of its silver jubilee celebration the party will
also organise a massive national rally in the state capital at
Ramabai ground on the same day," she said.
During the rally, two special bulletins on the party and
its founder Kanshiram would also be released, Mayawati said.
"A film depicting life struggle of Kanshiramji would be
screened so that the party workers should take inspiration and
complete his unfulfilled work," she said.
Attacking the Congress, the chief minister alleged that
the party which ruled the country and states for several years
did nothing for the upliftment of the downtrodden, backwards,
and religious minorities.
Other parties also adopted a similar attitude, she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!