BSP to celebrate its silver jubilee on Kanshiram`s b`day
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister
Mayawati on Monday said the BSP would celebrate 25th anniversary
of its foundation on the birth anniversary of its founder
Kanshiram on March 15.
"The party, which came into existence on April 14, 1984
completed 25 years last year, but the party could not
celebrate silver jubilee due to Lok Sabha and assembly
elections in some states," Mayawati told reporters here.
She said now the party has decided to celebrate its 25th
foundation day on the birth anniversary of BSP founder
Kanshiram on March 15 in Lucknow.
"As part of its silver jubilee celebration the party will
also organise a massive national rally in the state capital at
Ramabai ground on the same day," she said.
During the rally, two special bulletins on the party and
its founder Kanshiram would also be released, Mayawati said.
"A film depicting life struggle of Kanshiramji would be
screened so that the party workers should take inspiration and
complete his unfulfilled work," she said.
Attacking the Congress, the chief minister alleged that
the party which ruled the country and states for several years
did nothing for the upliftment of the downtrodden, backwards,
and religious minorities.
Other parties also adopted a similar attitude, she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed