BSP to continue demanding new land bill
New Delhi: The Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) is determined to press the issue of a new land acquisition bill, a party leader said on Tuesday.
Uttar Pradesh`s ruling party, which disrupted the Rajya Sabha on the issue on Monday, has been under attack on the issue of land acquisition and farmers` rights.
"They promised the land acquisition bill in the present session, but the new bill in their website for public consultation has a deadline of August 31. It means the bill will not come in the Monsoon Session," said Dara Singh Chauhan, leader of the BSP in the Lok Sabha.
Irked by Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi`s aggressive campaign against land acquisition in the state, the BSP is hoping to turn the spotlight away from the party.
"Why can`t they bring the bill in the present session. This shows who is the well wisher of farmers, the BSP-led state government or the Congress-led central government," the BSP leader added.
The government had on Friday released a draft bill seeking to put in place a legal framework not only to protect the interests of owners and prospective buyers, but also those whose livelihood depends on the land.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video