BSP to keep away from Thursday’s bandh
Lucknow: BSP, a key outside supporter of UPA, will keep away from Thursday’s nationwide bandh against diesel price hike and FDI in retail, party sources said.
BSP supremo Mayawati has already announced that the issue of continuing support to the UPA government would be discussed after the party`s `maha rally` on October 9, the sources said.
They said a final decision on continuing outside support to the UPA would be taken at the party`s National Executive Meeting next month where "anti-people" decisions of the Centre would be discussed.
BSP has 21 members in the Lok Sabha, two more than Trinamool Congress.
BSP`s announcement came as a huge relief to a beleaguered UPA a day after Mamata Banerjee decided to withdraw TMC ministers from the Union government and the party`s support to the Congress-led coalition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says