BSP to move court against renaming of Ambedkar Park
Lucknow: The Bahujan Samaj Party has said it would move court against the renaming of Dr Ambedkar Green Garden in Lucknow after socialist thinker Janeshwar Misra by the Akhilesh Yadav government.
"We had staged a dharna in Lucknow and also submitted a memorandum to Governor B L Joshi, who had given us assurance, but now we are left with no option but to go to court in order to restore the respect and honour of Dr Ambedkar", leaders of opposition in the Assembly and Legislative Council Swami Prasad Maurya and Naseemuddin Siddiqui said.
"Like we got justice during the earlier SP government in case of changing the names of the districts, we are confident that we will get respite again", they said.
Alleging that the SP government was indulging in politics of names, the BSP leaders said that soon after coming to power it had changed the names of the welfare schemes in the name of Dalit icons and then the names of the districts were also changed.
"The SP government has nothing to do with the honour and respect of great men and desecration of statues of Baba Saheb Ambedkar in different parts of the state has become common", they said adding that 25 such cases have come to light since the Akhilesh government took over.
Drawing the attention on the board set up at the new park, they said that SP also has no respect for Misra termed as "chotey Lohia" as it carries no prefix of honour for the SP leader.
"It would have been better had the government controlled mafia and goondas instead of resorting to cheap politics", they said adding that changing the names was a gimmick to divert attention from the failures of the government.
To the government`s contention that there is no Ambedkar Green Park in government records, they asserted that it had been passed by the LDA board and also got the approval of the government in 2010 after which crores of rupees of the government funds were used on it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days