BSP victimising Dalits, Cong only well-wisher: Punia
Meerut: National Commission for SCs and STs President and Congress MP PL Punia has slammed the BSP-led UP government for alleged atrocities against Dalits and "cheating" the backward classes.
Punia at a conference on Dalit welfare here yesterday said the recent violence in Bhatta Parsaul in Greater Noida has exposed the "real face" of the BSP government.
He alleged that Chief Minister Mayawati "only pretends to have taken steps for Dalit welfare but the reality is totally in contrast."
Terming the Congress as the "only well-wisher" of Dalits, the leader said the UPA government at the Centre had taken a range of initiatives for the welfare of backward community under the Prime Minister`s 20-Point Programme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people