BSP warns of another food grains scam in UP
Lucknow: Warning the Uttar Pradesh government of another food grains scam, the BSP on Thursday claimed massive irregularities have come to light in wheat purchases in five districts of the state.
"There is every possibility of another food grains scam like the one in 2003-2004 and 2005-2006 worth Rs 50,000 crores which is being investigated by the CBI with reports of the wheat purchased till June 30, 2012 in Gorakhpur, Faizabad, Sitapur, Allahabad and Shahjahanpur not reaching the godowns", leader of opposition in the Assembly Swami Prasad Maurya said.
The BSP leader said that despite Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav himself paying a surprise visit to a purchase centre, officials and contractors were not paying heed to it and the food grains meant for the poor were being used to earn huge sums for some vested interests.
The BSP leader was also critical of minister of food and civil supplies saying that he had also been the minister last time when the scam took place.
"Giving him the same department is like giving him green signal to indulge in the same", Maurya said asking the chief minister to take stern action and check the malpractice immediately in the interest of the poor.
To a question on the twin constituencies of Congress president Sonia Gandhi and general secretary Rahul Gandhi getting uninterrupted power supply, he said supply to other areas should also be ensured as was being done in the BSP regime.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference