BSP will not be `able to stand` due to corruption: Varun
Mirzapur: Claiming that corruption had led to the worsening of law and order in Uttar Pradesh, BJP leader Varun Gandhi on Monday said the ruling BSP "would not be able to
stand in future" due to rampant fraud among its ministers.
"The law and order is at its worst in the state due to misgovernance and corruption. The ministers in the Mayawati Government have gained 10-20 kgs and due to them the elephant of BSP would not be able to stand in future," Gandhi said at a
public meeting here.
The UP Police was involved in atrocities on the poor and extorting money from them as they have to send a particular amount to higher officials, he claimed.
Taking potshot at the state government on law and order front, Gandhi alleged that all the "hooligans" of Samajwadi Party has been riding on the "elephant" (BSP`s election
In the name of Ganga and Yamuna expressways, the state government was acquiring land of farmers, he alleged, adding that big companies were benefiting from such schemes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened