BSP will not be `able to stand` due to corruption: Varun
Mirzapur: Claiming that corruption had led to the worsening of law and order in Uttar Pradesh, BJP leader Varun Gandhi on Monday said the ruling BSP "would not be able to
stand in future" due to rampant fraud among its ministers.
"The law and order is at its worst in the state due to misgovernance and corruption. The ministers in the Mayawati Government have gained 10-20 kgs and due to them the elephant of BSP would not be able to stand in future," Gandhi said at a
public meeting here.
The UP Police was involved in atrocities on the poor and extorting money from them as they have to send a particular amount to higher officials, he claimed.
Taking potshot at the state government on law and order front, Gandhi alleged that all the "hooligans" of Samajwadi Party has been riding on the "elephant" (BSP`s election
In the name of Ganga and Yamuna expressways, the state government was acquiring land of farmers, he alleged, adding that big companies were benefiting from such schemes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!