BSP will not be `able to stand` due to corruption: Varun
Mirzapur: Claiming that corruption had led to the worsening of law and order in Uttar Pradesh, BJP leader Varun Gandhi on Monday said the ruling BSP "would not be able to
stand in future" due to rampant fraud among its ministers.
"The law and order is at its worst in the state due to misgovernance and corruption. The ministers in the Mayawati Government have gained 10-20 kgs and due to them the elephant of BSP would not be able to stand in future," Gandhi said at a
public meeting here.
The UP Police was involved in atrocities on the poor and extorting money from them as they have to send a particular amount to higher officials, he claimed.
Taking potshot at the state government on law and order front, Gandhi alleged that all the "hooligans" of Samajwadi Party has been riding on the "elephant" (BSP`s election
In the name of Ganga and Yamuna expressways, the state government was acquiring land of farmers, he alleged, adding that big companies were benefiting from such schemes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon
- Kamal Haasan to be conferred French award
- New laser created from jellyfish proteins