BSP withdraws Dhananjay Singh from 2014 Lok Sabha polls
Jaunpur: The Bahujan Samaj Party has fielded a new candidate from the Jaunpur constituency for the 2014 Lok Sabha elections, replacing sitting MP Dhananjay Singh, who is in jail in connection with the alleged murder of a maid.
Former Uttar Pradesh minister Subhash Pandey will contest from the Lok Sabha seat, BSP coordinator for Varanasi-Mirzapur zone and MLC Rajkumar Kuril said at a district-level meeting of party workers at BRP College grounds here.
Pandey, while refusing to comment on the cancellation of Singh`s candidature, said development and honour of all would be his main agenda in the elections.
Dhananjay Singh and his wife Jagriti were arrested in Delhi on November 5 in connection with the murder of their maid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan