BSP withdraws Dhananjay Singh from 2014 Lok Sabha polls
Jaunpur: The Bahujan Samaj Party has fielded a new candidate from the Jaunpur constituency for the 2014 Lok Sabha elections, replacing sitting MP Dhananjay Singh, who is in jail in connection with the alleged murder of a maid.
Former Uttar Pradesh minister Subhash Pandey will contest from the Lok Sabha seat, BSP coordinator for Varanasi-Mirzapur zone and MLC Rajkumar Kuril said at a district-level meeting of party workers at BRP College grounds here.
Pandey, while refusing to comment on the cancellation of Singh`s candidature, said development and honour of all would be his main agenda in the elections.
Dhananjay Singh and his wife Jagriti were arrested in Delhi on November 5 in connection with the murder of their maid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah