BSP withdraws Dhananjay Singh from 2014 Lok Sabha polls
Jaunpur: The Bahujan Samaj Party has fielded a new candidate from the Jaunpur constituency for the 2014 Lok Sabha elections, replacing sitting MP Dhananjay Singh, who is in jail in connection with the alleged murder of a maid.
Former Uttar Pradesh minister Subhash Pandey will contest from the Lok Sabha seat, BSP coordinator for Varanasi-Mirzapur zone and MLC Rajkumar Kuril said at a district-level meeting of party workers at BRP College grounds here.
Pandey, while refusing to comment on the cancellation of Singh`s candidature, said development and honour of all would be his main agenda in the elections.
Dhananjay Singh and his wife Jagriti were arrested in Delhi on November 5 in connection with the murder of their maid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah