BSP withdraws Dhananjay Singh from 2014 Lok Sabha polls
Jaunpur: The Bahujan Samaj Party has fielded a new candidate from the Jaunpur constituency for the 2014 Lok Sabha elections, replacing sitting MP Dhananjay Singh, who is in jail in connection with the alleged murder of a maid.
Former Uttar Pradesh minister Subhash Pandey will contest from the Lok Sabha seat, BSP coordinator for Varanasi-Mirzapur zone and MLC Rajkumar Kuril said at a district-level meeting of party workers at BRP College grounds here.
Pandey, while refusing to comment on the cancellation of Singh`s candidature, said development and honour of all would be his main agenda in the elections.
Dhananjay Singh and his wife Jagriti were arrested in Delhi on November 5 in connection with the murder of their maid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test
- Donald Trump threatens to leave WTO
- British PM Theresa May heads to N. Ireland for Brexit talks
- Rio Olympics: WADA 'disappointed' as IOC fails to ban Russia for mega event