BSP withdraws Dhananjay Singh from 2014 Lok Sabha polls
Jaunpur: The Bahujan Samaj Party has fielded a new candidate from the Jaunpur constituency for the 2014 Lok Sabha elections, replacing sitting MP Dhananjay Singh, who is in jail in connection with the alleged murder of a maid.
Former Uttar Pradesh minister Subhash Pandey will contest from the Lok Sabha seat, BSP coordinator for Varanasi-Mirzapur zone and MLC Rajkumar Kuril said at a district-level meeting of party workers at BRP College grounds here.
Pandey, while refusing to comment on the cancellation of Singh`s candidature, said development and honour of all would be his main agenda in the elections.
Dhananjay Singh and his wife Jagriti were arrested in Delhi on November 5 in connection with the murder of their maid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees