BSP yet to decide on fielding candidate against Dimple
Lucknow: BSP on Tuesday said it is yet to decide on fielding candidate against SP nominee Dimple Yadav in Kannauj.
"We have not yet decided whether to field candidate against Dimple or not," BSP leader Swami Prasad Maurya told reporters here.
When asked if there is any chance of BSP giving walkover to SP by not fielding candidate, he said it would be decided by his party`s central leadership.
35-year-old Dimple, wife of Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, today filed her nomination for the Lok Sabha by-election from Kannauj.
Reflecting the growing bonhomie between the two parties ahead of the presidential poll, Congress has decided not to field any candidate against Dimple, who had suffered a humiliating defeat at the hands of Congress` Raj Babbar in the by-election for Firozabad parliamentary seat in 2009.
The Kannauj by-election, to be held on June 24, has been necessitated following the resignation of Akhilesh after his election to the Legislative Council.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!