BSP yet to decide on fielding candidate against Dimple
Lucknow: BSP on Tuesday said it is yet to decide on fielding candidate against SP nominee Dimple Yadav in Kannauj.
"We have not yet decided whether to field candidate against Dimple or not," BSP leader Swami Prasad Maurya told reporters here.
When asked if there is any chance of BSP giving walkover to SP by not fielding candidate, he said it would be decided by his party`s central leadership.
35-year-old Dimple, wife of Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, today filed her nomination for the Lok Sabha by-election from Kannauj.
Reflecting the growing bonhomie between the two parties ahead of the presidential poll, Congress has decided not to field any candidate against Dimple, who had suffered a humiliating defeat at the hands of Congress` Raj Babbar in the by-election for Firozabad parliamentary seat in 2009.
The Kannauj by-election, to be held on June 24, has been necessitated following the resignation of Akhilesh after his election to the Legislative Council.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know