BSP yet to decide on fielding candidate against Dimple
Lucknow: BSP on Tuesday said it is yet to decide on fielding candidate against SP nominee Dimple Yadav in Kannauj.
"We have not yet decided whether to field candidate against Dimple or not," BSP leader Swami Prasad Maurya told reporters here.
When asked if there is any chance of BSP giving walkover to SP by not fielding candidate, he said it would be decided by his party`s central leadership.
35-year-old Dimple, wife of Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, today filed her nomination for the Lok Sabha by-election from Kannauj.
Reflecting the growing bonhomie between the two parties ahead of the presidential poll, Congress has decided not to field any candidate against Dimple, who had suffered a humiliating defeat at the hands of Congress` Raj Babbar in the by-election for Firozabad parliamentary seat in 2009.
The Kannauj by-election, to be held on June 24, has been necessitated following the resignation of Akhilesh after his election to the Legislative Council.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Two ISIS operatives, planning to target religious places, arrested by Gujarat ATS