BSP`s UP chief booked by vigilance
Lucknow: An FIR was on Wednesday lodged against Uttar Pradesh BSP president Ram Achal Rajbhar in Ambedkarnagar district, nine days after the state government ordered a probe against him in a disproportionate assets case on recommendation of Lokayukta.
Rajbhar was booked for possessing undisclosed assets worth around Rs 1,050 crore.
The FIR was lodged by a vigilance department team of Faizabad at Akbarpur Kotwali police station today, its Station House Officer Nagendra Singh told reporters.
The BSP leader was booked under the Anti Corruption act, the SHO said. The Lokayukta had on March 14 recommended CBI or vigilance inquiry against Rajbhar, who was Transport Minister in the previous Mayawati government.
On April 1, the state government ordered a vigilance inquiry against the former minister.
The Lokayukta had also recommended that an FIR should also be lodged against the BSP state president under Anti Corruption act on the charges of disproportionate assets and money laundering.
Lokayukta`s recommendations were made on a complaint registered by one Anand Kumar Dwivedi, who had accused the former minister of acquiring assets in the name of his relatives beyond the known sources of his income.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday