BSP`s UP chief booked by vigilance
Lucknow: An FIR was on Wednesday lodged against Uttar Pradesh BSP president Ram Achal Rajbhar in Ambedkarnagar district, nine days after the state government ordered a probe against him in a disproportionate assets case on recommendation of Lokayukta.
Rajbhar was booked for possessing undisclosed assets worth around Rs 1,050 crore.
The FIR was lodged by a vigilance department team of Faizabad at Akbarpur Kotwali police station today, its Station House Officer Nagendra Singh told reporters.
The BSP leader was booked under the Anti Corruption act, the SHO said. The Lokayukta had on March 14 recommended CBI or vigilance inquiry against Rajbhar, who was Transport Minister in the previous Mayawati government.
On April 1, the state government ordered a vigilance inquiry against the former minister.
The Lokayukta had also recommended that an FIR should also be lodged against the BSP state president under Anti Corruption act on the charges of disproportionate assets and money laundering.
Lokayukta`s recommendations were made on a complaint registered by one Anand Kumar Dwivedi, who had accused the former minister of acquiring assets in the name of his relatives beyond the known sources of his income.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation