Budget for State Women`s Commission not slashed: UP govt
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government Wednesday said the budget allocation for the State Women`s Commission has not been downsized.
"The budget of State Women Commission (SWC) has not be slashed. It has been increased from 2012-13 to 2014-15 budgets," an official release issued by the SWC said here.
While the budget of the commission was over Rs 2.62 crore in 2012-13, it was increased to Rs 2.73 crore in 2013-14 and further hiked to Rs 3.05 crore in the present fiscal (2014-15), it said.
The government statement came following media reports that it had slashed the budget allocation of the commission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley