Budget passed late last year, less time to use it: Akhilesh Yadav
Lucknow: On opposition`s allegation that SP government had failed to utilise last year`s budget, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Tuesday said the budget was passed late and the state got less time to spend it.
"The budget was presented on June 1 but was passed in July due to which the state government got only eight months to utilise it. This period included monsoon in which works like construction of roads did not take place," Yadav said in the Assembly.
Opposition had also alleged that SP government had made budget eyeing 2014 polls and was using it to carry forward the party`s agenda, to which the chief minister replied it was his job to fulfill promises made in party manifesto.
"I think it`s a good thing that we are implementing party`s manifesto, which has approval of the people of the state. People have given us majority by accepting our policies and it`s our job to fulfill promises made to them," he said.
About 74 per cent of state`s budget targeted farmers, poor, women and education and allocation of Rs 900 crore has been made for waiving of farmers loan, he said.
"We have allocated Rs 900 crore for loan waivers of farmers this fiscal and Rs 750 crore in last year. This will be benefiting over eight lakh farmers of the state," Yadav said.
Trying to corner previous BSP government, Yadav said there has been 11.7 per cent increase in state`s loan in BSP regime from previous SP government.
"We will be trying to decrease our loans," he said, adding, Rs 13,950 crore has been earmarked for implementation of new schemes including Kanya Vidya Dhan and others.
On neglect of Purvanchal and Bundelkhand regions, Yadav said appropriate allocations have been made in budget of different departments.
He said, "We are going to start medical colleges in Azamgarh and Jhansi. One in Kannauj have already been started". Yadav alleged that cost of these projects had escalated as BSP government had not ensure timely completion.
On concern of a member over rise in cases of cyber crime, Yadav said two specialised units -- one in Agra and other in Lucknow -- are being set up to deal with them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Tamil Nadu SSLC Results 2015 on tnresults.nic.in