Budget will help make UP `Uttam Pradesh`: Akhilesh
Lucknow: The annual budget presented in the UP Assembly Tuesday "would take the state on the path of prosperity" and help achieve the target of making it `Uttam Pradesh`, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav said.
"The state will move ahead with this budget and the target of making UP `Uttam Pradesh` (excellent state) will be achieved," Akhilesh told reporters here,
"Through this budget, we have made effort to provide maximum benefit to all sections of the society, including farmers, youths, Muslims, women and poor," he said.
"This is the first budget in which a hike of 21.5 per cent has been done in capital expenditure as against 9.8 per cent in revenue expenditure. This would create capital and attract capital investment," he said.
On a question regarding non-utilisation of funds of the previous budget, the chief minister said, "The previous budget was passed in July last and we had only seven months to work. Moreover, at the time when the budget was passed, monsoon started (hampering development works)".
In reply to a question, he said metro service had reached Noida and Ghaziabad, but keeping in mind expansion of Lucknow and traffic problems, it was also needed here.
"A study is being conducted and work will start soon," he said.
Akhilesh said funds for centrally sponsored schemes which UP was supposed to get from the Centre were not received.
"For example, the target in MNREGA was 4,500 crore against which Rs 3,330 crore is yet to be received. Similarly, there are several schemes like Bundelkhand package of Rs 1,405 crore, of which Rs 1,308 crore is still to be received," he said.
As the funds were not received on time, the work was delayed, he said.
"This is not the complaint of UP itself, several states are making similar complaint. I not saying anything wrong... this is not political, whatever I am saying is based on facts," he said.
The Budget has a provision of Rs 287 crore for construction of roads under the Dr Ram Manohar Lohia Samagra Vikas Scheme named after the socialist ideologue.
The Budget has proposed Rs 11,732 crore for improving the dismal power sector in the state. This is 24.5 per cent more than last year`s allocation.
It has also proposed Rs 7,848 crore for roads and bridges, Rs 291 crore and Rs 109 crore respectively for special schemes and roads for the backward Purvanchal and Bundelkhand region.
While Rs 21,520 crore have been earmarked for basic education, a sum of Rs 10,367 crore have been allocated for secondary education and Rs 8,225 crore for medical health and family welfare.
A sum of Rs 1,456 crore has been provided for social welfare which includes funds to compensate for scholarship and fees for students belonging to scheduled castes.
An allocation of Rs 777 crore have been provided to compensate for scholarships and fees of students belonging to the minority community, which is Rs 100 crore more than last year. The Budget has also provided Rs 200 crore for imparting modern education in madarsas.
Besides Rs 300 crore have been earmarked for constructing boundary walls in graveyards of minority communities and Rs 34 crore for setting up multi purpose educational hub in minority dominated areas.
A sum of Rs 492 crore has been provided for doing away with critical gaps in minority dominated areas.
With an aim to deal with the massive problem of Japanese encephalitis in the eastern districts of the state, the Budget has an initial provision of Rs 5 crore for starting construction of a 500 bed paediatric institute in Gorakhpur medical college and another Rs 8 crore for MRI facility.
Yadav reiterated the government`s resolve to set up state nutrition mission and a metro in Lucknow to meet the growing demand for better public transport system.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo