Build bridges begun before May 2007: Akhilesh
Lucknow: While emphasising for employment
generation in developmental projects, Uttar Pradesh Chief
Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Wednesday asked officials to ensure
completion of bridges started before May 2007 in an year`s
"The bridge projects whose foundation stone were laid
before May 2007, be completed in an year`s time while those
which were started after 2007 be also completed as per the
schedule in keeping with the conditions of the projects",
Yadav directed the officials.
Reviewing the functioning of the PWD and tourism
departments, Yadav directed completion of roads and culverts
as per the schedule while maintaining the quality.
Keeping in mind the large number of unemployed in the
state, Akhilesh said that priority should be given to
employment generation in implementing various schemes.
The Chief Minister asked for preparing feasibility
report for linking Lucknow to Nepal through Lucknow-Bahraich-
Nepal and Lucknow-Gorakhpur-Sonauli-Nautanva routes.
While reviewing the proposed four-laning of Lucknow-
Rae Bareli route, he said that Rae Bareli- Allahabad road
should also be turned into four lane and asked for taking the
help of the concerning ministry in the central government in
case of any problem for its timely redressal.
Directing that all problems in the way of NHAI projects
should be resolved with forest and other departments on a
priority basis, Akhilesh said that efforts should also be made
to encourage tourism to cultural, religious and historical
He also asked to develop the parks and spots surrounding
the Taj Mahal to international standards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?