Build bridges begun before May 2007: Akhilesh
Lucknow: While emphasising for employment
generation in developmental projects, Uttar Pradesh Chief
Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Wednesday asked officials to ensure
completion of bridges started before May 2007 in an year`s
"The bridge projects whose foundation stone were laid
before May 2007, be completed in an year`s time while those
which were started after 2007 be also completed as per the
schedule in keeping with the conditions of the projects",
Yadav directed the officials.
Reviewing the functioning of the PWD and tourism
departments, Yadav directed completion of roads and culverts
as per the schedule while maintaining the quality.
Keeping in mind the large number of unemployed in the
state, Akhilesh said that priority should be given to
employment generation in implementing various schemes.
The Chief Minister asked for preparing feasibility
report for linking Lucknow to Nepal through Lucknow-Bahraich-
Nepal and Lucknow-Gorakhpur-Sonauli-Nautanva routes.
While reviewing the proposed four-laning of Lucknow-
Rae Bareli route, he said that Rae Bareli- Allahabad road
should also be turned into four lane and asked for taking the
help of the concerning ministry in the central government in
case of any problem for its timely redressal.
Directing that all problems in the way of NHAI projects
should be resolved with forest and other departments on a
priority basis, Akhilesh said that efforts should also be made
to encourage tourism to cultural, religious and historical
He also asked to develop the parks and spots surrounding
the Taj Mahal to international standards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list