Bulandshahr: Couple die hours after marriage in road accident
Lucknow: A man and a woman, who were on their way to making a new life after tying the knot, were killed in a road accident Monday barely hours after they got married. Four of their relatives also died, police said.
The newly-wed and their relatives were killed when a speeding truck rammed into their vehicle in Uttar Pradesh’s Bulandshahr district while they were returning after the marriage.
The accident took place on the Bulandshahr-Bareilly route in Salempur town, some 400 km from Lucknow.
"Those killed in the accident include the newly-wed couple. The six people in the car were on their way to Aligarh," Superintendent of Police (rural) Babu Ram told reporters.
"The driver of the truck managed to escape from the spot after the accident. Teams have been constituted to nab him," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city