Bulandshahr: Couple die hours after marriage in road accident
Lucknow: A man and a woman, who were on their way to making a new life after tying the knot, were killed in a road accident Monday barely hours after they got married. Four of their relatives also died, police said.
The newly-wed and their relatives were killed when a speeding truck rammed into their vehicle in Uttar Pradesh’s Bulandshahr district while they were returning after the marriage.
The accident took place on the Bulandshahr-Bareilly route in Salempur town, some 400 km from Lucknow.
"Those killed in the accident include the newly-wed couple. The six people in the car were on their way to Aligarh," Superintendent of Police (rural) Babu Ram told reporters.
"The driver of the truck managed to escape from the spot after the accident. Teams have been constituted to nab him," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- White dwarf found lashing red dwarf in space
- Land of believers! Out of 1.2 billion people, only 33,000 are atheists in India
- Hafiz Saeed is overseeing attacks by ISIS fighters in Afghanistan?
- Blackbuck poaching case: Rajasthan government may appeal against Salman Khan's acquittal
- 'Michael Jackson died a vulnerable man'